Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two in a week?? Must be Easter hols...

Let the holidays begin! Or I should say, let the felting begin because I need to start doing some serious catch up now that I have the studio going full tilt. With my next week, I am hoping to camp out there and finish up lingering projects and get at the butterflies that I promised (cringe) two months ago. I used up a lot of scrap felt today and needle-felted Easter egg brooches to sell at the market on Good Friday. Dingle is moving the location of the market to Holy Ground, which is a truly promising name, and MFG, in all their glorious wisdom, is sponsoring a stall for artisan producers of food and craft. The idea is that it will rotate to various people from week to week, allowing us to test market new and improved STUFF. Since I haven't a lot of notice, I will use my back stock of hats and I am making a few brooches. Hopefully it won't look too skimpy as I will have lovely silk scarves and wall pieces and more attempts at necklaces. And hair barrettes which I must order tomorrow. I'll just get stuck in and see how I go....


This is the scarf I just finished. It's one of those things that you hate to give to someone else, it turned out so nicely! I used Kilcarra for the green in the centre and the blue border I crocheted with a lacy stitch using Noro Kureyon. I used the open stitch because its more pliable for wrapping that a full felted scarf. It's a gorgeous varigated blue and green. It felted in the washing machine beautifully and its a lovely warm, yet lightweight scarf for spring. I was thinking it might be a bit late in the season for wool, but this week's weather tells me otherwise. Telly is saying snow and hail tomorrow, turning to rain. Another beautiful day in paradise.... Either way, I will be making this scarf in many colours.

Must go and get at those brooches. I will photograph my lovely egg brooches and post them Friday morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment